When a customer interacts with an associate through the Salesfloor platform and they provide their contact information they can choose to ‘opt-in’ to receive future mass marketing communications from that Rep/Store. If the customer doesn’t explicitly provide this consent, the platform considers this ‘implied’ consent and will only permit 1 to 1 communications between the Rep/Store and customer in order to respond to a question or complete a request initiated by the customer.
The Salesfloor platform can capture this consent separately for the default Email address of the customer and the default Text Message number of the customer.
Communication Consent and Preference capabilities provide the following benefits:
- More explicit consent statuses for Email and Text Message: ‘Subscribed to Marketing’, ‘1 to 1 only’ and ‘Unsubscribed from All’
- An option to define the ‘Preferred’ communication channel of a customer: ‘Email’, ‘Text Message’, ‘Phone’ or ‘No preference’’
- Visual indicators and controls in the mobile app for associates to know which communication options are permitted and preferred for a customer
- Updated CI Customer import and Contact export formats to support the new customer attributes
- Integrations with Email and Text Message service providers to handle and update consent statuses based on external triggers from customer
A Salesfloor Contact record can have one of the following Consent states set for their default Email address or Text Message number
- Subscribed to Marketing - same behaviour as currently ‘checking the box’
- 1 to 1 only - same behavior as currently leaving the check box ‘unchecked’ (assuming the email/number hasn’t been added to an unsubscribed Blocklist)
- Unsubscribed from All - new explicit state set prohibiting ALL communications of that type from the Salesfloor platform
Setting the Consent Status
By the Associate
From the create/edit view of a Contact record in the mobile app, the associate will be able to set the consent state of their default Email address and Text Message. By default, the consent status is set to ‘1 to 1 only’.’
When the associate sets the status to Subscribed to Marketing, the customer will need to provide an electronic signature as proof of consent.
When the associate attempts to set the Email and/or Text Message consent to Unsubscribed from All, they will be prompted on save to confirm the action prior to saving.
Once the Email and/or Text Message consent is set to Unsubscribed from All, the ability for the associate to change this will be disabled.
Although the associate may not be able to override the Unsubscribed from All status, the following actions can modify the customer's consent state:
- The customer submits a future Customer Request (and uses the same email address or text message number) for that associate/store.
- The customer submits a future Get My Updates request (and uses the same email address or text message number) for that associate/store
- The customer sends a ‘start’ text message to the associate/store number (assuming they previously had replied ‘stop’)
Opting-out by the Customer
- For email: The customer can unsubscribe from Salesfloor emails by clicking on the opt-out link in the footer of an email sent by Salesfloor.
- By text: The customer can unsubscribe from Salesfloor text messages by sending a ‘stop’ message to the rep/store.
An attribute for a contact record is introduced called Preferred Contact Method. A Contact profile can have one of the following preferences set: Email, Text Message, Phone, No preference (default)
Setting the Communication Preference
By the Associate
From the create/edit view of a Contact record in the mobile app, the associate will be able to set the Preferred Contact Method of the customer. By default, the consent status is set to ‘1 to 1 only’.’
When a preference is set, a visual indicator will be displayed on the Contact Details view and communication buttons.